I’ll be giving some tutorials and training courses in the fall. If you are interested in attending a course before then, it is also possible to arrange an in-house training course or tutorial.
|8-9 am||Continental Breakfast (included)|
|9-10 am||Introduction to Clouds|
|10-11 am||Introduction to Analytics over Clouds|
|11-12 pm||What is Available? A Vendor Survey|
|12-1 pm||Lunch (included)|
|1-2 pm||Case Study 1: Running R Using Amazon’s EC2 and S3|
|2-3 pm||Case Study 2: Processing large datasets using Hadoop|
|3-4 pm||Case Study 3: Building analytic applications in the cloud|
- Learn about the different types of clouds.
- Learn the benefits of using clouds for analytics.
- Learn how to structure your first analytic project using clouds.
- Learn how to speed up the development of analytic models and the deployment
of analytics into operational systems using clouds.
Who Should Attend?
- Managers and executives interested in an introduction to cloud
computing and its applications to analytics.
- Statisticians, modelers and data mining professionals interested
in learning how to do analytics using cloud computing.
- Anyone thinking about using clouds for analytics.
Types of Clouds
There are two different, but related, types of clouds: the
first category of clouds provide computing instances on demand,
while the second category of clouds provide computing capacity
on demand. Both use the same underlying hardware, but the first is
designed to scale out by providing additional computing instances,
while the second is designed to support data- or compute-intensive
applications by scaling capacity. Amazon’s EC2 and S3 services are an example of the first type of cloud. The Hadoop system is an example of the second type of cloud. In this course we cover both types of clouds and how they are best used in analytic projects.
Fees and Registration
The cost of the one day course is $245, which includes a hand out containing comprehensive notes.
For More Information
For more information, please visit the Analytics Using Clouds course web page.